[c-nsp] Cheap ass mini switch that does SNMP, 802.1p, VLAN, IGMP?

Bill_Maguire at 3com.com Bill_Maguire at 3com.com
Wed Mar 9 10:37:12 EST 2005

http://www.3com.com/products/en_US/detail.jsp?tab=prodspec&sku=WEBBNCNJ220SYS&pathtype=purchase

Sent by:        cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
To:     Roger Wiklund <copse at xy.org>
cc:     cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject:        Re: [c-nsp] Cheap ass mini switch that does SNMP, 802.1p,
VLAN, IGMP?

On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 10:20:30AM +0100, Roger Wiklund wrote:
> Not really Cisco-related but I´m looking for a mini switch, 4 or 8
ports.
> That can do SNMP, 802.1p, VLAN, Tagged VLAN, IGMP-snooping and so on.
The
> trick is that it have to cost around 100 dollars. Any suggestions?

Good luck; I looked for this a while back but came up with nothing.  In
fact
I couldn't find any small switch that supported VLANs until Cisco released
the 2940.  It satisfies all your requirements except that it costs
substantially more than $100.  I am using 2940s and I'm pretty happy with
them, especially since SSH support was added.

If you do find something that meets these requirements, I'd be very
interested in hearing about it.

--
Steve Snodgrass * ssnodgra at pheran.com * Network and Unix Guru(?) at Large
Geek Code: GCS d? s: a C++ U++++$ P+++ L++ w PS+ 5++ b++ DI+ D++ e++ r+++