[c-nsp] Re: IP Route Profiling

John Neiberger John.Neiberger at efirstbank.com
Wed Mar 9 16:50:56 EST 2005

Here's what my IP route profile looks like right now:

IP routing table change statistics:
Frequency of changes in a 5 second sampling interval
Change/   Fwd-path  Prefix   Nexthop  Pathcount  Prefix
interval  change    add      change   change     refresh
0         21772     21786    21908    21875      20031
1         35        39       0        11         10
2         61        48       0        17         8
3         14        14       0        2          8
4         5         8        0        2          4
5         16        12       0        0          5
10        4         1        0        0          2
15        1         0        0        1          0
20        0         0        0        0          0
25        0         0        0        0          0
30        0         0        0        0          6
55        0         0        0        0          5
80        0         0        0        0          2
105       0         0        0        0          0
130       0         0        0        0          0
155       0         0        0        0          0
280       0         0        0        0          1826

As I understand this, there were 35 Fwd-path changes in the last five
seconds, 60 in the previous five seconds, 14 in the previous five
seconds, and so on. My understanding of this *must* be wrong, so someone
please explain to me how to read this. :)

Another reason I know I can't be reading this right is because there
are a bunch of Prefix refreshes that are bunched up in interval 280 and
that really doesn't make sense. I think I'm expecting this to be a
waterfall display, of sorts, and now I think that isn't the case. I
haven't found any really good info on CCO about this command but I'm
going to go look again.

In the interim, if anyone has a good explanation for the output of this
commnd, please share it!

Thanks,
John