[c-nsp] Catalyst 4500 syslog

Alban Dani albcisco at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 17:02:17 EST 2005

Hi,

I have a catalyst 4500 runnin native os ( Version 12.2(18)EW) with a sup2+.

I can not get the box to log anything anywhere.
I've tried all sorts of log level settings, no dice.

the show log command output is;
cat4500.cc#sh log
cat4500.cc#sh logging
Syslog logging: enabled (0 messages dropped, 0 messages rate-limited,
2 flushes, 0 overruns)
    Console logging: level notifications, 1942 messages logged
    Monitor logging: level debugging, 10 messages logged
    Buffer logging: level debugging, 13 messages logged
    Exception Logging: size (8192 bytes)
    Count and timestamp logging messages: disabled
    Trap logging: level notifications, 1863 message lines logged
        Logging to 154.244.14.14, 1844 message lines logged
        Logging to 154.244.14.16, 24 message lines logged

Log Buffer (6000 bytes):

Cisco TAC has not found anything yet.

Is this a bug?

Thanks