[c-nsp] Cheap ass mini switch that does SNMP, 802.1p, VLAN, IGMP?

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Sat Mar 12 16:29:28 EST 2005

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005, Brian Feeny wrote:

> Seriously its a pretty good switch.  I have a business that sells
> Linksys stuff and these are
> about the best value out there right now.  They have models with 1-2
> GBIC slots too, and ones
> that can do 10/100/1000.  They are a good deal.

Do they do SNMP?  Like I said, the only mention of it I saw in the manual
was a definition in the appendix.

We got burned a few years ago on Dell FE switches with gigE uplinks.  The
CLI tends to go on vacation and stop accepting telnet connections.  We
were told upgrading the firmware would solve it, but it didn't...and on
these switches a firmware upgrade wipes the config.