[c-nsp] 4908G-L3 router BVI problems

Luis Alejandro Nápoles Varela anapoles at lanseg.com
Sun Mar 13 12:26:03 EST 2005

Hello everybody,

I am trying to configure BVI interfaces (BVI4 and BVI7) on two 4908G-L3(s)
and a viertual ip HSRP between them. We have 6 swtiches connected to the
interfaces of the 4908G-L3. 5 of them are conected using ISL, the 6th is
conected using 802.1q.
The interfaces are created without problems. I can ping one switch BVI
form the other switch and viceversa. The problem arises when I asign  a
port to the vlan 4 or 7 in other switch in the network and connect a PC to
tat port. Ip are assigned correctly, I have doblechecked it but, I am no
able to ping from the PC to the BVI interfaces in the central switches.

does anybody has experienced such a failure?. Any sugestion?.

Thanks in advance,

alexnap.

--
Alejandro Nápoles