[c-nsp] re: 2600 load balancing

Josh Gentry jgentry at swcp.com
Mon Mar 14 10:34:17 EST 2005

Hi.  I'm new to the list and  responding to a thread I saw in the
archive.  Subject of the thread is 2600 load balancing.  The question
was about load balancing across 2 T1's.

>I have a cisco 2620 (MPC860) router with two T1-s connected to it.
>
> What would be the best method to load balance the traffic between the
two?

> Thanks,
>
> Alban
> _____________________

There has been a resulting discussion of using multilink PPP.  I do not
personally have experience with MLPPP with Cisco's, so I can not comment
on that, except I've read it can increase processor load.  What I do
have experience with is the per-packet load balancing with CEF.  I've
written a little doc about it that might be helpful.  Feedback also
appreciated.

http://www.joshgentry.com/cisco/cisco-load.html

Thanks,
Josh