[c-nsp] 7200 MPLS MTU Issues

John Osmon josmon at rigozsaurus.com
Tue Mar 15 22:55:48 EST 2005

On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 09:44:22PM -0500, Kenny Stoltz wrote:
[...]
> Ironically, cisco claims that the 7200 can /do/ MPLS... This is almost
> laughable if it can't exceed 1500 bytes.

We do a lot of work with 7200s and MPLS, but we're in a fairly unique
situation where most of the traffic is running on serial ports rather
than fastethernet.  Where we do pass things on ethernet, we have either
NPE-G1s, or the GigE I/O card.

If you can find way to migrate the links to GigE and/or serial ports,
the routers should work fine.  If you're stuck with ether/fastE, you may
need to find another workaround.