[c-nsp] runing-config "!"-Problem

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Wed Mar 16 07:37:46 EST 2005

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 12:08:20PM +0100, Gert Doering wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 11:53:37AM +0100, Florian Prester wrote:
> > how can I controll, when a "!" is set and when not in the running-config.
> >
> > Because normally a "!" is set after the ACL-block in a running-config,
> > but now I found a server which differs!
>
> You can't control that - and parsing IOS running-config is always an
> interesting experience.

	Yeah.

	I've spent a lot of time "speaking" (seemingly at cisco, nobody
really cares) about why large chunks of configs are "reordered" between
software versions.  Anyone who is for consistenty on this front
should talk to your reps and explain how important this is to
being a sustainable model for long-term growth of IOS.

	- jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net