[c-nsp] cat6000 control plane policing

John Kristoff jtk at northwestern.edu
Wed Mar 16 11:55:06 EST 2005

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:41:07 -0500
Jared Mauch <jared at puck.nether.net> wrote:

> > Is it my fault Cisco doesn't have a 'commit' feature yet?  :-)  Fixed.
>
> 	So, would the config stuff that has gone into 12.3T and 12.2S
> do what you want on this?

Someone else called me out on this, what I believe you are referring
to is the 'configure replace and rollback' stuff?  I've not used this
yet since I'm not running code that supports it.  It looks like an
improvement certainly, but doesn't seem as clean and easy as JUNOS.

For example, if I want to make a a one line config change it would
seem cleaner to have a 'conf t candidate' mode.  Maybe that is coming?

Perhaps it is nitpicking.  I do realize Juniper as an advantage at
having been able to learn from IOS management inadequacies like this
and the architecture is different enough that some things may not be
trivial to implement.

So to answer your question, yes somewhat.

> 	If so, let me know as i'm trying to get them to up the schedule
> for it going into the SX(insert-letter-here) release.

Personally, I've learned to live without the feature this long, it
wouldn't be a big problem to wait a little longer.  Though if you do
get them to move it up, thanks in advance.  :-)

John