[c-nsp] 3548XL - 3750G, GEC Issues

Steve Wright steve.wright at visp.me.uk
Wed Mar 16 12:40:58 EST 2005

Hi all,

I am trying to configure EtherChannel between a 3548XL and 2 x 3750G in a
cluster.

I have read that pagp and lacp do not work over clusters, so I set on my
ports as per the guide for the 3750's
    'channel-group 1 mode on'

On the 3548XL, I configured my 2 GBIC Gigabit interfaces in 'port group 1'

The EtherChannel then bundled the 2 connections and appears to work fine,
for a very finite amount of time at which point it then drops one of the
connections out of the bundle, and I can't seem to find a reason why, and
any details on what might be the cause.

I have previously configured this successfully between various devices, and
not had any issues, and would like to know if anyone else has experienced
this problem, and has found a resolution, or if anyone has any comments that
may help?

Thanks once again,

Steve

This message has been scanned for viruses by MailController - www.MailController.altohiway.com