[c-nsp] help with one-armed routing

Eric Louie elouie at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 16 20:37:14 EST 2005

Hi folks
I have a configuration that I need help with

Here is the scenario -
router with 2 fast ethernet interfaces, and one serial interface
default route is out the serial interface
the 1st fast ethernet interface is enabled
the 2nd fast ethernet interface is shutdown

I want to use the 2nd fast ethernet interface as a one-armed router,
independent of the rest of the router.  It cannot allow any traffic to pass
through, it can only bounce traffic.

Here are the conditions for that 2nd fast ethernet interface:
if the source IP is 192.168.151.0 /24 then route it - if it is not that,
then drop it.

if the destination IP is 192.158.55.0.0 / 24 then send it to 192.168.151.254

otherwise, send the traffic to 192.69.151.1

Anyone game to help me with this configuration?

thanks
Eric