[c-nsp] packet processing delay & LLQ

Dmitry Volkov dmitry.volkov at rogers.com
Wed Mar 16 23:15:00 EST 2005

Volodymyr,

try to change "tx-ring-limit 4"

Oliver, since You are from Cisco, would You please let us know whether this
below is valid for serial interfaces as well ? :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk39/tk824/technologies_tech_note091
86a00800c9699.shtml#net
<quote>
The FIFO queue on the port adaptor stores the packets before they are
segmented into cells for transmission. When this queue is full, the port
adaptor or network module signals to the IOS software that the queue is
congested. This mechanism is called back-pressure. On receiving this signal,
the router stops sending packets to the interface FIFO queue and stores the
packets in the IOS software until the queue is uncongested again. When the
packets are stored in IOS, the system can apply QoS.
</quote>

I don't see any reason for FIFO queue when CBWFQ is enabled

Thanks
Dmitry