[c-nsp] GBIC/SFP DC Powered, NEBS/ANSI Ethernet switches

Bill Wichers billw at waveform.net
Thu Mar 17 16:15:43 EST 2005

> What about the Cisco RPS stuff?  I think they have a -48VDC RPS unit, and
> most/all their gear has an RPS jack....however I don't think any of
> Cisco's
> gear is NEBS certified at all....someone can feel free to corect me on
> that, I hope I'm wrong but I really don't know for sure.

It's been a while since I've checked, but it used to be possible to order
a "NEBS" version of the 7500 chassis. As far as I could tell the only
difference was a sticker on the NEBS-certified chassis that cost a few
thousand dollars :-) The normal (regular market) Cisco equipment is *not*
NEBS certified though, unless they've changed things in the past few
years.

     -Bill