[c-nsp] ATM-DXI on E1

Vincent De Keyzer vincent at dekeyzer.net
Fri Mar 18 07:26:39 EST 2005

Jon,

thanks a lot for this insight.

I understand that you are delivering a PRI over this link, which is one of
the things we would like to do. How about clocking? Can you configure both
line and internal clocking on the RAD box? Never had any slips? Are you
happily sending faxes over your link?

I imagine that the IP network must be just perfect to deliver this - way
better than what you need to deliver VoIP services.

Or is the box just magic?...

Vincent

> From: "Vincent De Keyzer" <
dekeyzer.net>
> Subject: RE: [c-nsp] ATM-DXI on E1
puck.nether.net>

> Hi,
>
> does anybody have experience with those Rad's "TDM over IP" boxes on
> Cisco
> network?

Yep - I have TWO PAIRS of them (IPMux-1) The management is not terribly
bright, but they do the T1 job quite adequately. In our configuration we
have a 100FX link between two buildings, each pair of IPMUX-1 units
transmits/receives ~ 2Mb/sec continually, and presents a clear-channel
T1 interface to a Nortel PBX (and remote shelf).

No troubles so far (5 months deployed) - The units can be power-cycled
and will auto-establish the connection. As they use IP for the
transport, there is nothing bizzare to configure. Give each an IP
address, point them to their partner, configure the T1 parameters, and
go.

Good luck!