[c-nsp] 4-port GE ISE & Unsampled Netflow

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Sun Mar 20 19:20:12 EST 2005

--On Sunday, March 20, 2005 4:53 PM -0700 Pete Kruckenberg
<pete at kruckenberg.com> wrote:

> IOS doesn't complain when applying either sampled or
> unsampled Netflow commands (which you'd think would mean it
> orks :( ). It does complain when switching from one mode to
> another if commands aren't removed first (which would
> make one think even more that both work).

IOS will often  let you configure things that do not work without any
complaints.  Or let you enter completely unsupported configurations and
then they end up halfway broken and unworking, even in cases where they
should be able to pretty easily detect it.

You might have to carefully search CCO for your specific hardware and IOS
versions and caveats/etc....  maybe someone from Cisco will also help to
shed some more light on this.  But don't be surprised when it happens.

IOS has been round for a while...and it's been maintained by a *huge* team
of people over the years and so there are I'm sure a good number of blind
alleys.