[c-nsp] BGP blackholling with communites

Pierfrancesco Caci p.caci at seabone.net
Mon Mar 21 07:44:49 EST 2005

:-> "David" == David Freedman <david.freedman at uk.clara.net> writes:

    > Then you spend extra CPU cycles with the additional processing of every
    > iBGP update (which, if you use iBGP to carry all your customer routes
    > could be interesting).

I'm doing this for a normal "internet" routing table. What are you
referring to that could make iBGP so CPU intensive ? I'd think that
iBGP would be one of the last causes of CPU burning, except during
restart of a major peer. And that's only on old processors, too,
PRP-2s are quite snappy at it.

    > Also, the latter (inbound map) could be a bit vendor incompatible.

Do you mean there are implementation of BGP that don't allow
route-maps (or equivalent) in iBGP sessions ?

Pf