[c-nsp] Did my toaster crash?

Ian Henderson ianh at chime.net.au
Tue Mar 22 04:23:37 EST 2005

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005, Christian Bering wrote:

> According to CSCeg54375, some FIB inconsistencies can occur if "the
> toaster processor crashes". How do I tell on a 7301 if the toaster has
> crashed? Does it even have one?

'Toaster' refers to a PXF chip. From one of our 10000-PRE2's:

per-qv1-bdr1-10K#show pxf dma c | inc oast
        PXF DMA Toaster Fault: 0
        PXF DMA Toaster Status Wait Error: 0
        PXF DMA Toaster Stall Error: 0
        PXF DMA Toaster Cmd Invalid Handle Select Error: 0
        PXF DMA - TTC About to Send Feedback Context to Toaster: 17133739
        PXF DMA - TTC About to Send LC Pkt New Work Context to Toaster: 17134125
        PXF DMA - TTC About to Send RP Pkt New Work Context to Toaster: 17131936
        PXF DMA - TTC About to Send Replay Pkt New Work Context to Toaster: 0
        PXF DMA - TTC About to Send Null Context to Toaster: 17135020
per-qv1-bdr1-10K#

7301's aren't PXF based, so don't have them.

Rgds,

- I.

--
Ian Henderson CCNA, CCNP