[c-nsp] OSPF dead timer problem

Church, Chuck cchurch at netcogov.com
Wed Mar 23 16:57:54 EST 2005

Are you sure the circuit is running clean?  I've seen marginal T1s where
there was enough packet loss to cause routing protocol drops, yet the
interfaces always said 'up'.  What does the CSU side of things tell you?
You can always try a larger hello to dead interval ratio, like 1:5,
2:10, etc to see if that helps.  Are the CPUs running ok on both
routers?

Chuck Church
Lead Design Engineer
CCIE #8776, MCNE, MCSE
Netco Government Services - Design & Implementation Team
1210 N. Parker Rd.
Greenville, SC 29609
Home office: 864-335-9473
Cell: 703-819-3495