[c-nsp] Cisco MultiLink PPP

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Thu Mar 24 09:24:39 EST 2005

I've worked through a lot of those bugs on the 75xx
and we did have some bad ones.

All the ones I know of have been fixed in later 12.0S
code and latest 12.2 and 12.3 mainline
code.

You were most likely hitting:

CSCed29590
Multilink PPP link flap causes output frozen for member link

which was the worst one.

I've seen lots of large customers running dMLP on
a 75xx running stable for over a year.

My recommendation would be 12.0(27)S4 or 12.3(13).

What I find is most people don't have the box setup
properly to be running in fully distributed mode so the
bundles are distributed and/or their VIPs don't have the
CPU power to handle the bundles.

Rodney

CSCeg28064
Internally found moderate defect: Assigned (R)
cbus complex results in incorrect multilink state

CSCeb31029
Internally found moderate defect: Resolved (R)
Output rates incorrect on dMLP/dMFR/dLFI interfaces under congestion

CSCee69493
Externally found moderate defect: Resolved (R)
dMLP fails if control is given to IOS MLPPP

CSCin36465 Watchdog crashed because of MLPPP

CSCin47712 txacc loss after OIR

CSCec00268 Input drops and * throttles on PPP multilink interface

CSCea59948 Output stuck on a T3 Port Adaptor

CSCec87815
Multilink buffer header leak on a VIP with an ATM PA installed

CSCed29590
Multilink PPP link flap causes output frozen for member link

CSCin55432
Internally found moderate defect: Resolved (R)
Spurious memory access at vipmlp_change_primary