[c-nsp] Cisco MultiLink PPP

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Thu Mar 24 10:11:24 EST 2005

Right on the money.

There are two driving forces.

a) L1 fault detection that brings the line down
b) L2 PPP keepalive timers set on the *member* links
   of the bundle.  Minimum time is 1 sec.
   I haven't tried setting it to 1sec with no retry.
   That seems pretty dangerous for false positives to me.

Given that L1 fault detection can be on the order of
2 seconds I'd say 1 sec keeps on the member links with
3 retries would be as low as I'd go.

Rodney