[c-nsp] Cisco MultiLink PPP

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Thu Mar 24 10:30:11 EST 2005

The keepalives are supposed to be protected
against congestion on transmit so the links
shouldn't flap on congestion due to L2 keepalive
loss.

However, given the L1 fault detection times on
the circuit (least common denominator theory)
I don't see any reason to set them lower than
2-3 seconds for retry.

I usually recommend 1 and 3.

Rodney