[c-nsp] 7200VXR- pa-mc-8t1

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Fri Mar 25 10:08:58 EST 2005

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005, Scott Ingram wrote:

> I'm trying to configure these controllers for data point -to- point
> circuits and frame-relay.  I'm  trying to find commands to build the
> frame-relay inter/sub interface's.  Any ideas

You need to do some configuration at the controller level before you can
work on the interface(s).

Example for a T1 with ESF framing, B8ZS line coding (defaults), taking
clocking off the line, and running all 24 DS0 timeslots:
Router(config)# controller t1 1/0
Router(config-cont)# channel-group 0 timeslots 1-24
Router(config-cont)# clock source line
Router(config-cont)# exit

Interface Serial1/0:0 will exist at this point, and you can configure it
like you would any other serial interface.  It's also a good idea to put
the same description on the controller port as you do on the interface, to
help you mentally tie those two elements together.

For frame relay, you should use the same encapsulation and LMI type on
both the hub and spoke sites.  For this example, we'll use this on the hub
side.

Router(config)# interface Serial1/0:0
Router(config-if)# encapsulation frame-relay ietf
Router(config-if)# frame-relay lmi-type ansi
Router(config-if)# logging event subif-link-status
Router(config-if)# logging event dlci-status-change

# create a sub-interface for a PVC the telco presents to you on DLCI 50
Router(config-if)# interface Serial1/0:0.50 point-to-point
Router(config-subif)# set your normal interface parameters...
Router(config-subif)# frame-relay interface-dlci 50

jms