[c-nsp] Cisco MultiLink PPP

Denis V. Schapov dschapov at dsi.ru
Sun Mar 27 22:13:21 EST 2005

> > >A 2621XM would be a good choice (faster, more memory, and less footprint
> > >than the 3620).
>
> I have to correct me here: the 2621XM can *not* take more memory than the
> 3620.  The 2651XM can.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/prod_bulletin0900aecd801e3d53.html

My priority list in increasing order for such price/performance category ;)

1) 2600 non XM
2) 3620 (sometime has a problem with fake OIR triggering)
3) 265x non XM (DRAM maximum 128MB)
4) 2600XM
5) 2801/2811

Both 1) and 2), 3) are EOS, EOL. For 1) and 2) IOS images/features were reduced beggining
12.2(8)T, 12.2(13)T to feet into available flash/DRAM. 1), 2) and 3) has no support of new
voice/data modules.
It's very likely that there will be no 12.4 support for 3620 and officially for 2600 _non_
XM, but 2600 non XM has a chance to run some of 12.4 images that feet into flash/DRAM if
Cisco will not specially remove them from the code.

One more thing for 16MB flash equipped 261x
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/770/fn62030.shtml

Denis.