[c-nsp] Cisco MultiLink PPP

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue Mar 29 02:41:25 EST 2005

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 10:44:08PM -0800, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
> Gert, he is probably looking at buying something like this:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=51203&item=5762764
> 500&rd=1
>
> for $1000 USD, it already comes with FE and serial ports in it, all he
> would need are cabling and external DSUs.

Indeed, that's an interesting price.  OTOH, the fact that there are 0 bids
yet speaks for itself, doesn't it?.

> And it would be faster than a 2621 non-XM.

OTOH used 2621XMs with warranty can be had for about 700 EUR (over here
in Germany), and the WIC-1T goes for about 50 EUR - so $1000 for a 3640 is
not *such* a good price...

Then, again, memory for 3640 is cheaper than for 2621... so it all depends
on local preference.

I'm not opposing 3640s, though - I just seriously dislike 3620s.  We own
three, and in retrospective, this was a not a smart buy.

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de