[c-nsp] 837 and vbr-nrt size limitation

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Thu Mar 31 08:26:10 EST 2005

>> series and QoS. You really _MUST_ configure 'tx-ring-limit' to reasonably
>> low value, 1-5, calculate the serialization delay for worst case scenario.

Yes, that does solve one issue but raises another. We have done
performance tests and setting the tx-ring-limit to a low value really
kills PPS. On 828 it lowers the non-loss thruput from approx 1.4megabit/s
of 64byte packets to something like 600 kilobit/s.

This might not be an issue on a 837 though, as as you also stated in the
email, it only handles 800 kilobit/s of upstream traffic.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se