[c-nsp] NAT/PAT question

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Mon May 2 09:56:12 EDT 2005

Goran Gajic <> wrote on Monday, May 02, 2005 2:07 PM:

> Problem is not with CEF load sharing since 12.3(14)T has NAT inside
> CEF and that is not an issue.

I meant load-sharing further up in the network towards your NAT-router..

> Issue is that many server (irc/icq/p2p
> etc.) consider so many users coming from one ip address as abuse.

Hmm, ouch.. do you happen to have some reference regarding this
abuse-policy?

> That is reason why I need PAT to use as many address inside pool as
> it can. Unfotunately design of my network is suck that there is no
> option to use 1:1 mapping.

Let me check with some NAT folks if there is anything in the works to
alter the behavior..

	oli

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk361/technologies_q_and_a_item091