[c-nsp] Re: Pointers for merging OSPF and EIGRP networks?

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Mon May 2 18:43:18 EDT 2005

On Mon, 2 May 2005, Scott Weeks wrote:

: Do any of you have pointers to documents (or comments) of various ways of
: merging an OSPF network into an EIGRP network.  I have an idea of how I'd

I guess I should rephrase that.  I'm looking for ideas on amount of pain
suffered initially verses pain suffered over time.  Redistributing seems
more like pain over time and less initially, while a flag-day cut over
seems to be painful initially, but pain over time is minimal.  I've read
these and other ways to merge, but not a pain-benefit (so to speak)
analysis for smaller networks.  Or, perhaps, there're other ideas from
folks that've experienced this first hand.

Thanks again,
scott