[c-nsp] Upgrading IOS

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Tue May 3 10:53:02 EDT 2005

On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 10:00:25AM -0000, Gangasagar Amula wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> As we upgrade IOS or while doing copy run tftp: we do get exclamation Marks.....
>
> What does each Exclamation means ( How many bytes... )
>

> Secondly....we get "O" in between upgrading IOS what does that mean.....

	You should use rcp instead of tftp, tftp is subject to a number
of bugs and is fairly insecure.  RCP is tcp based and will perform
better as well.

	ftp://ftp.shrubbery.net/pub/rcpd

	This means if you're loading a 74M!!! IOS image into flash
it will go a lot faster.  (Oh, and the !'s vary in size depending
on the platform/image, you should not be expecting consistent behaviour).

	- Jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net