[c-nsp] Anyone using PIX 7.0?

Michael Bloom michael.bloom at umontana.edu
Tue May 3 15:15:04 EDT 2005

Hi,

I would be very careful about version 7. We have had many problems moving
from version 6.3 to 7.01.  Among these have been crashes (due to inspection
problem, memory corruption, and tcp intercepts, sporadic disconnects,
logging problem,  and problems with Microsoft vpn (client to server)
disconnects.   Cisco has been working really hard to find the causes of
these problems but we only have a few of them fixed at this point.  If it
were me, I would wait until they get these bugs fixed if this is a
production environment that can't afford frequent hiccups..

just my 2 cents..
michael

At 12:46 PM 5/3/2005, Adam Maloney wrote:
>I haven't seen much talk about 7.0 yet.  I was going to hold off as long
>as possible before upgrading, but it looks like I'm going to need to have
>it in place sooner than I had hoped.
>
>Can anyone report on performance and stability?

Michael Bloom
Senior Network Engineer / Network Security Manager
University of Montana
ITO Network Services
Liberal Arts 144
Missoula, MT 59812