[c-nsp] Nmap(way ot)

Matt Hill Matt.Hill at aapt.com.au
Tue May 3 20:00:15 EDT 2005

Are you running NAT on the 1700?

Cheers,
Matt

--
Matt Hill
DPS - Internet Engineering
Alcatel Australia Pty Ltd
180-188 Burnley St
Richmond, Vic, AU 3121
e: matt.hill at aapt.com.au
v: +61 3 8687 5739
f: +61 3 8414 3115
m: ask and you may receive

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
[mailto:cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Kern, Tom
Sent: Wednesday, 4 May 2005 7:05 AM
To: Cisco (E-mail)
Cc: Cisco2 (E-mail)
Subject: [c-nsp] Nmap(way ot)

I was running nmap internally against my cisco 1700 internet router.
i have a watchguard firebox x 1000 sitting between my network and the
internet and router.
here's the wierd part- everytime i run nmap against the router, i get
the firebox as the os fingerprint and the ports open on the firebox.
i get the same result running nmap against my home network or yahoo.com
or any host.

the firebox will autoblock any ip's doing port scans externally against
your internal network but won't block anything going out so i think this
is very strange.
i was wondering if anyone out there would have an idea as to what the
issue could be.
i know this is OT and i apologize. i'm just stumped.

thanks alot

This communication, including any attachments, is confidential. If
 you are not the intended recipient, you should not read it - please
 contact me immediately, destroy it, and do not copy or use any part of
 this communication or disclose anything about it.