[c-nsp] IOS 12.4 and NAT

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Tue May 3 22:21:08 EDT 2005

On Tue, 3 May 2005, John Neiberger wrote:

> I don't think x.x.1 releases mix well with anything. If I were running
> an x.x.1 release, I wouldn't expect anything at all to work correctly.
> Or, let me rephrase...I wouldn't assume that anything works correctly,
> even the simple stuff.

Yeah, the general rule I follow is that I don't let IOS X.Y(Z) touch a
pseudo-production router until Z is at least in the high single digits and
the severe defect list grows shorter, or the defects are mainly in exotic
pieces of the image that I'm not likely to run across.  I Generally don't
Deploy IOS images across the production network until they go GD.

Lab routers are another story - they're meant to be crashed :-)

jms