[c-nsp] PGW2200 config assistance

Justin Payne justin at maxistech.net
Thu May 5 15:58:13 EDT 2005

Hi all.  I need help configuring a PGW2200.  Anyone out there that is an "expert?"  Here are the details:

************************
Hardware:
AS5400 w/ dual ac power
(2) AS54-DFC-8CE1
(1) AS54-DFC-60NP
(1) AS54-DFC-108NP
Sun Fire V120 with PGW2200 software
*********************************

Issue:
Customer: i have some problems with the as5400
JUSTINatMAXIS: what problems?
Customer: call support for analog, isdn and dov on the same trunk with the same dnis
Customer: at the moment we only can support analog and isdn calls...
Customer: many dov calls are failing
Customer: i have open a TAC case and they answer me we can only do this with
2 dnis numbers
Customer: one number for calls with analog and isdn... and another one for
dov calls
Customer: the problem is the bearcap for analog and dov calls are the same
Customer: in the as5400 config you setup to send a bearcap of voice or
3,1khz call to the modem bank
Customer: but a dov call need a serial interface...
Customer: in this case when you have 2 numbers (dnis) you can route this
Customer: otherwise you cannot seperate this
Customer: thats what cisco tell me..
JUSTIN: I just received this email from a Cisco technician:
JUSTIN: "You need separate DNIS in order to discriminate between
DOV and modem calls. We do not sniff inside the DS0 to
distinguish between the two."
JUSTIN: which is basically the same thing you just said
Customer: yes right....
Customer: then i must make the diagnostic on the pgw2200 and rewrite the
dnis number
Customer: i am not sure if we can do that...
Customer: in this case i must search a guy who have a big knowhow about the
pgw :-)

So, I need someone who can help to reconfigure the pgw2200 to something acceptable by the AS5400 (two DNIS).

Regards,
===============================
Justin Payne
Maxis Technologies, Inc

NETWORK AND TELEPHONY EQUIPMENT
CISCO, JUNIPER, FOUNDRY, EXTREME, 3COM, LUCENT.....and more!!!!!!

433 W. Wilshire Blvd. Ste 2B
Oklahoma City, OK  73116
Voice:    +1 800 79 MAXIS
Int'l:    +1 405 842 3331