[c-nsp] 7600 Router Vlan / sub-interface question

Dave McGaugh dmcgaugh at cac.washington.edu
Thu May 5 19:52:21 EDT 2005

I don't think enabling descending allocation will fix his problem
(could be wrong). In my experience, regardless of the allocation
method used on the box, when you create a VLAN sub-interface, it will
internally use the same VLAN ID as that configured with the
"encapsulation dot1q <vlan>" command.

Additionally, it might be worth pointing out that in an earlier
thread a few months back, having routed VLAN sub-interfaces are not
supported on many protocols other than MPLS in the 7600.

The VLAN mapping functionality is probably going to get closest to
what he is looking for.

-Dave