[c-nsp] Parity Errors and Cosmic Rays

Hank Nussbacher hank at mail.iucc.ac.il
Fri May 6 11:17:35 EDT 2005

On Fri, 6 May 2005, Andre Beck wrote:

Is the equipment that is getting fried in the top of the building or in
the bottom?  I assume you all know the story of the experimental military
radar that was turned on only at certain times and the arc of its range
only hit the top floors of some tall buildings.  If you happened to have
your equipment below floor X - nothing got affected.  Same equipment - 1
flight up - had parity errors.  Swap the equipment and the parity errors
stayed with the top floor equipment.

-Hank