[c-nsp] limit throughput on a 3750?

Sat May 7 03:13:49 EDT 2005

Is it possible to put a limit on the amount of traffic a specific vlan can
send out?  My design is simple, 3750-EI with 2950G's trunked and the
customers plug into the 2950G.  This customer has machines on more than one
of my 2950's.  Goal is to limit his mbit out to 20mbit.

I've tryed applying a rate-limit to the vlan interface and also tryed to
create a police but it wouldnt allow me to add it to the interface...
access1(config-if)#service-policy input 20-mbit-limit
%QoS: policy-map with police action at parent level not supported on Vlan120
interface.
%QoS: policy-map with police action at parent level not supported on Vlan120
interface.

Sorry if this is a duplicate of my previous message but i didnt receive a
responec and wasnt sure if my message made it to the list.

--

Shaun