[c-nsp] Multilink PPP over ATM for ADSL

Robert Boyle robert at tellurian.com
Sat May 7 22:39:01 EDT 2005

At 09:37 AM 5/6/2005, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I'm just trying to configure MLPoA for 2 ADSL lines to a 7301 acting as the
>LNS using a 1721 with 2 x WIC-1ADSL cards.
>
>Just wondering if anyone has got this working (or similar working) as from
>all of the debugging I have done, it doesn't appear to attempt to bundle the
>lines, just performs individual logins for each line.

Because of the way you have it configured.

>I am using the following config on my 1721 with IOS Version 12.3(8)XX1
>(c1700-advipservicesk9-mz.123-8.XX1.bin):

It works fine on a 1720 with 12.3(x) connecting to a 7206 running 12.3(12b)
It does not work with any 12.3(x) release prior to something in the mid
single digits. We were using 12.2(27) for PPPoEoA aggregation and it
worked, but the session was never assigned an IP address by the 7206. I'm
not sure how it works on a 7301, but I imagine it would be similar. You
just need to create a multilink interface and assign both ATM interfaces to
the same multilink group as you assigned to the multilink interface. The
setup is the same as for any multilink PPP interface. It works great.

-Robert

http://www.tellurian.com | 888-TELLURIAN | 973-300-9211
"Well done is better than well said." - Benjamin Franklin