[c-nsp] IPv6 subnets for point-to-point links

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Mon May 9 03:20:41 EDT 2005

Hi,

On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 08:20:21AM +0200, Alexander Koch wrote:
> To bring it back on track: We are still using /127, and I
> was wondering if / when Cisco will implement this Anycast
> thingy so it will bite back. I understand a /127 will not
> work then any longer? (The same question would have to be
> asked about other vendor implementations)

As far as I understand, anycast addresses are only activated on Cisco
if the subnet is larger (shorter mask) or equal to a /120.  I'm not sure
whether this is documented anywhere, it came out of personal discussions.

This means, for a /121-/127, the whole anycast logic is deactivated, and
you're safe.  On C - dunno about J.

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de