[c-nsp] NM-1A-E3 vs. Alcatel 9400 UX

Andre Beck cisco-nsp at ibh.net
Mon May 9 08:10:00 EDT 2005

Hi,

anyone here using Alcatel 9400 UX microwave radio links in E3
configuration with Cisco routers, especially 3745s with NM-1A-E3s?
We are seeing some weird problems and instabilities which sometimes
are simply L1 wreckage (like a defective RG59 cable) but sometimes
are not. In one special case, we replaced *anything* (Alcatel IDU, ODU,
the NM, the whole 3745 chassis, the cables and adapters) but still are
facing a sudden unidirectional failure that causes anything from significant
packet loss over OAM giving up on the PVC up to OOF on one end vs. FERF
on the other. As we are not servicing the radio links but have to place
the Ciscos on top of it, we don't have direct control over the involved
hardware. The service company who does usually can't find any failure.
So if anyone out here has some operating experience with those boxen
and wants to share, especially known culprits and maybe even workarounds,
please do so.

TIA,
Andre.
--
                  The _S_anta _C_laus _O_peration

-> Andre Beck    +++ ABP-RIPE +++    IBH Prof. Dr. Horn GmbH, Dresden <-