[c-nsp] Router suggestions?

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue May 10 05:47:20 EDT 2005

Hi,

On Tue, May 10, 2005 at 11:40:32AM +0200, Jerome Fleury wrote:
> > The catch is that the Sup32 has no (!) L3 functionality, as of today
> > (no IOS for it, just CatOS).
>
> As far as I know, 12.2(17d)SXB7 (and later) brings L3 support in hybrid
> mode to the SUP32.
>
> <http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/sw_8_1/ol_4563.htm#wp259313>

Oh.  Now that's interesting news.

OTOH, from what I've read here so far, "hybrid" seems to be lacking
features and development efforts on the 6500 platforms (as compared to
"native"), so maybe that's still not the perfect way to go.

I think this brings the question down to "what features do you need,
specifically, and are these available on the Sup32 NOW?"...

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de