[c-nsp] L2/L3 configuration question

Matthew Crocker matthew at crocker.com
Tue May 10 13:25:23 EDT 2005

Run dot1q trunks between the 3508 & the 6500s, peel off one VLAN for
management.  Add that VLAN into the 3508 with an IP address.
Management VLAN traffic going to the 3508 will be routed, everything
else will be switched Layer 2.  All 3 switches share the same VTP/STP
information.   The only thing I would watch out for is the maximum
number of MAC addresses in the 3508, you can hold a lot more in the
6500s

-Matt