[c-nsp] L2/L3 configuration question

Tim Winders twinders at southplainscollege.edu
Tue May 10 15:06:23 EDT 2005

> Why bother with L3 at all.  I would just configure the two ports as L2
> only and to the 6500's this pretty much looks like a direct IP link.
> Why have an inferior device [the 3508] make routing decisions [no
> matter how basic ].

I ended up setting the GigE ports on the 6509/Sup720 as routed ports.  They
connect into the 3508 into VLAN1 on the switch.  Everything seems to be
working fine.

---

Tim Winders
Associate Dean of Information Technology
South Plains College
Levelland, TX 79336

Problem replying to my email?  Click the "Sign" button in the OE toolbar or,
better yet, get your own FREE Personal E-Mail Digital ID:
http://www.thawte.com/email/index.html