[c-nsp] G.SHDSL cable lengths

Church, Chuck cchurch at netcogov.com
Fri May 13 15:17:19 EDT 2005

All,

    I've been tasked with creating config templates for Cisco 6015
DSLAMs with the 8 port G.SHDSL cards.  We need to guarantee x bandwidth
per user, with so many users hanging off a certain DSL link.  The Cisco
G.SHDSL seems to support both locked in data rate and an adaptive mode.
Anyone have a preference, or real-world data on what speed will be
negotiated at a certain cable distance?  Thanks in advance.

Chuck Church
Lead Design Engineer
CCIE #8776, MCNE, MCSE
Netco Government Services - Design & Implementation Team
1210 N. Parker Rd.
Greenville, SC 29609
Home office: 864-335-9473
Cell: 703-819-3495