[c-nsp] 75xx CyBuses

Bill Wichers billw at waveform.net
Fri May 13 23:38:06 EDT 2005

Just a (hopefully) easy question: is there any reason to plan router
layout in a 7507/7516/7576 chassis such that various VIP2's are "grouped"
on one of the two CyBuses? I have a router that picks up some traffic from
some local aggregation (customer access circuits), but mostly just passes
traffic between two interfaces (a local carrier handoff and a link to
another POP). The Cisco docs I can find seem to imply that the CyBuses are
independent of each other and thus it might be good to have the handoff
and POP connections on one CyBus and the local aggregation circuitry on
the other, but since most traffic is probably likely to go between the
buses anyway (customer traffic goes mostly "out" rather than to other
local customers), I'm not sure if there is much difference. Any insights?

     -Bill