[c-nsp] PA-POS-OC3 to PA-POS-OC3

mikado erdems at gmail.com
Sun May 15 16:30:47 EDT 2005

Hi,

 Yes you actually don't need an atm switch for such connection. Still,
if you plan to implement multiple PVC's via this link with
PA-A1-OC3SMI, then you'll probably need an ATM switch and another PA,
since if I'm not mistaken PA-A1 series support only ubr mode as
shaping.

 With PA-POS type of interface, you can avoid the ATM overhead and
save approx %20 of the bandwitdh.

 For ATM connections, I would go with PA-A3 series, the "big brother"
of PA-A1's.

 Cheers,
 Erdem

On 5/15/05, Bob Tinkelman <bob at tink.com> wrote:
> Used PA-A1-OC3SMI PAs are quite a bit cheaper than
> PA-POS-OC3SMI PAs.
>
> If I need to connect 7206-VXRs at two locations via a
> telco-provided OC-3, is it possible to use PA-A1-OC3s
> without an ATM switch in the middle?
>
> --
> Bob Tinkelman <bob at tink.com>
> ISPnet, Inc.    718.464.4747