[c-nsp] BGP and Multihome question.

Michael Smith mksmith at noanet.net
Sun May 15 23:45:20 EDT 2005

In short, yes.  Almost all providers filter on a /24, so even if you're
primary provider rolled up your /27 into a less-specific announcement, your
second provider would still need to accept it and forward it on as a /27.

You might consider getting a /24 from either your new or old provider, or
perhaps a second link to your existing provider given that it terminates on
different equipment on their end.  I know that's not truly redundant, but
every little bit helps.

Mike
--
Michael K. Smith
Senior Network and Systems Engineer     NoaNet
(206) 963-3679                          mksmith at noanet.net
PGP Fingerprint: 4374 00CC C99A 4679 1D6C  F465 9CE0 C7B6 37E0 0C46