[c-nsp] cisco 2950 switches

Matti Saarinen mjsaarin at cc.helsinki.fi
Mon May 16 12:36:39 EDT 2005

Marko Milivojevic <markom at pangalactic.net> writes:

>> Hello : Can someone tell me how many VLANS are supported with 2950
>> switches with enhanced image
>
> 	Should be 256 active VLAN's, as mentioned here:
>
> http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_data_sheet09186a0080088899.html

 But if SSH is enabled:

The SSH feature uses a large amount of switch memory, which limits the
number of VLANs, trunk ports, and cluster members that you can
configure on the switch. Before you download the cryptographic
software image, your switch configuration must meet these conditions:

The number of trunk ports multiplied by the number of VLANs on the
switch must be less than or equal to 128. These are examples of switch
configurations that meet this condition:

  * If the switch has 2 trunk ports, it can have up to 64 VLANs.

  * If the switch has 32 VLANs, it can have up to 4 trunk ports.

See:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat2950/12122ea4/ol7188.htm

--
- Matti -