[c-nsp] Pre-create virtual interfaces

Steve Wright steve.wright at visp.me.uk
Tue May 17 05:55:23 EDT 2005

Hey all,

One of my colleagues remembers that we possibly once had the ability to
pre-create a load of virtual interfaces with a command for l2tp sessions so
that after a major incident with all the sessions being disconnected then
coming back up (ie: after having to reload/ upgrade ISO etc) we could get it
to pre-create them before accepting the sessions inbound, therefore the
router doesn't die (as much) under the load.

However, I cannot seem to find such a command and wonder whether anyone is
familiar with this functionality?

Thanks  :)

This message has been scanned for viruses by MailController - www.MailController.altohiway.com