[c-nsp] ip sla monitor commands not persistent during reboots

Sascha E. Pollok nsp-list at pollok.net
Thu May 19 03:48:57 EDT 2005

Good day,

> > Cisco 1711 (MPC862P) processor (revision 0x101) with 87826K/10478K
> > bytes of memory.
> > Processor board ID FOC084321FP (370161312), with hardware revision
> > 0000 MPC862P processor: part number 7, mask 0
> > 1 Ethernet interface
> > 5 FastEthernet interfaces
> > 1 Serial interface
> > 1 terminal line
> > 1 Virtual Private Network (VPN) Module
> > 32K bytes of NVRAM.
> > 32768K bytes of processor board System flash (Read/Write)
> >
> >  type echo protocol ipIcmpEcho 1.2.3.4 source-interface Dialer1
> >                                                               ^
> > % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.
> >
> >  frequency 30
> >  ^
> > % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.
> >
> [...]
> > Using FastEthernet0, then this one stick.  Seems like a bug that the
> > router trying to put a command related to an interface in before
> > activate the interface itself.
>
> Ack, this is a known issue, still unresolved:
>
> CSCsa81295
> Externally found moderate defect: Assigned (A)
> ip sla parser issue on reboot causes loss of configuration

Ok so this bug does not apply if I don't specify interface names
in my ip sla configuration? I will do some tests with that ...
Yesterday evening I decided that ip sla monitoring and tracking
for static routes is a good thing to configure on some access routers.
Good that I did not do so, yet :-) The first reboot might have surprised
me.

Cheers
Sascha