[c-nsp] ip sla monitor commands not persistent during reboots

Michael Markstaller mm at elabnet.de
Thu May 19 06:14:18 EDT 2005

Ok, thanks.. I didn't find this in bugtool, maybe I used the wrong keywords..
Hopefully gets fixed soon, as I have already 8 routers out with exactly this & route tracking, the next 5 are in the pipeline.

> >> Externally found moderate defect: Assigned (A)
> >> ip sla parser issue on reboot causes loss of configuration
> >
> > Ok so this bug does not apply if I don't specify interface names
> > in my ip sla configuration? I will do some tests with that ...

Already tried that. If your're using i.e. a static IP as source in the ip sla config (what I cannot as they're dynamic) its fine..

> Yesterday evening I decided that ip sla monitoring and tracking
> for static routes is a good thing to configure on some access routers.
> Good that I did not do so, yet :-) The first reboot might
> have surprised
> me.

Now it's not that bad because the tracked route is inserted and used if the ip sla monitor doesn't exist initially so at least it didn't break up things here. I've just noted it because my config-differ reported it missing..

Michael