[c-nsp] t-1 load balancing options to deal with apparent congestion

Jeff Chan cisco-nsp at jeffchan.com
Fri May 20 20:17:22 EDT 2005

On Tuesday, May 17, 2005, 7:00:32 AM, Robert E.Seastrom wrote:
> Jeff Chan <cisco-nsp at jeffchan.com> writes:

>> CPU usage, compatibility with some older CX blades, a little too
>> bleeding edge earlier on.  We may try MLPPP if we can finally
>> migrate off the CX-FSIP8s in the 7513, or move them to a PA or
>> 'nother box.

> Well, since you have no problem with older equipment, there's always a
> Digital Link 3800 imux + a CX-HIP card on each end.  You should be
> able to trash-pick the latter; the former may cost you as much as $40
> or $50 each.

Multiplexing the four T-1s into HSSI is an interesting idea.
While it's true that HSSI interfaces on 7xxx are cheap, aren't
they somewhat expensive and rare on the 3620 (far end) side?

Does anyone have reliability experiences with something like a
Digital Link 3800 Inverse Multiplexer?

Jeff C.
--
Jeff Chan